Pathway released on 11 April 2019 for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux.
Pathway 1.0.12 was a patch released on 22 May 2019.
- Ambush behaviour is modified slightly. You can now perform any action after setting an ambush except for moving. If you move, your ambush will be canceled. Previously setting an ambush would prevent most successive actions, but not consistently so. The changed behaviour is now more in line with other special abilities and their behaviour.
- Added a warning message when a move cancels an Ambush
- Added bleed duration and damage to the knife tooltip
- Updated LWJGL version. This may improve video card compatibility, high-DPI handling and scaling on some systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused the damage preview to use the wrong knife when two were equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused the level up and KO indicators to stay after a character died or was dismissed
- Fixed a bug that caused an endless loop when an ambush triggered a zombie retaliate
- Fixed a bug that allowed Burst Fire to be used anywhere on the map
- Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed the AI to do a third move.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Necromancer to not take any actions.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause faulty event behaviour when loading from save.
Pathway 1.0.11 was a patch released on 15 May 2019.
- Stack Splitting consumables added (see the Pathway Devlog #12)
- AI Turn Speed-Up button added (see the Pathway Devlog #12)
- We've changed the way bravery is handled outside of combat. From now on, your bravery is always fully reset after the completion of a battle. This means that you always enter the battle with the same starting point and should help in making successive battle feel less frustrating due to limiting options.
- Fixed a bug that caused units to be revived by the Necromancer on the wrong tile.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash in some instances after loading from save.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes made it impossible to finish Map 2 in Adventure III
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause achievement rewards to disappear if claimed during combat
- Fixed a bug that caused evades triggered by a Sporebearer to not count towards the evades achievements
- Fixed a bunch of typos
- Fixed some UI issues on the Adventure Stats screen when playing in French
- Fixed a bug when swapping out a KO character at the recruiter that caused the character to stay in a wrong state on successive adventures.
- Fixed a bug that caused character quotes to spill out of the UI in some languages.
- Fixed a whole bunch of battle arena generators that could cause faulty collisions
- Removed a faulty tooltip when hovering enemy portraits that would mistakenly indicate "Press Tab for Move Range".
Pathway 1.0.10 was a patch released on Steam on 08 May 2019.
- Added a new hitchance preview when moving (see the Pathway Devlog #10)
- First steps towards event distribution overhaul
- Reworked a number of events that previously had "hidden" perk options. These invisible options were automatically activated if a character on the team had the appropriate skill. Unfortunately this also meant that a lot of players missed out on content due them not being identifiable in any way. We've changed this and the options are now explicit as part of a choice the player can make if the appropriate perk is part of the team. Practically speaking, this means that some events have received new perk options!
- We've reworked the structure of some events to be spread out over fewer pages, effectively reducing the amount of clicks needed. Some events had also their texts shortened where it made sense to do so in order to improve the overall flow.
- Added a confirmation question if the player tries to leave the loot screen without touching any of the loot. It'll also ask for confirmation if the player leaves behind an epic or legendary item.
- New savegame backup system: The game will now automatically create backups at relevant points. This is mainly in place so we can recover saves that may get corrupted when using the preview branch or for some other situations where a bug caused an unfair loss.
- Bellamy can now also be unlocked by purchasing a Disintegrator weapon
- Codex has been updated to include recent changes.
- Time elapsed formatting in adventure stats now shows as hh:mm:ss
- Fixed a bug that caused audio settings to not be properly preserved across game sessions.
- Fixed a grammar mistake in one of Veduti's character comments.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to revisit character rescue missions. They can now be revisited even if you didn't recruit the character right away or decided to not engage in combat previously.
- Fixed some combat arena generators causing enemies to get trapped.
- Fixed a country name on one of he loading screens maps
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when loading the game after updating to a new version
- Fixed a bunch of wrong gender pronoun uses in event texts
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to move outside of the map bounds
- Fixed a bug that caused the "The Coming War" achievement to not be attainable
- Fixed a bug that allowed people to purchase fuel beyond the jeep's capacity at the merchant
- Fixed a bug that caused the recruit icon to be invisible when on neighbouring location.
- Fixed a bug that caused some event texts to overlap
- Fixed a bug that would allow you to move items into the valuables bag when recruiting people.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sporebearers to not automatically die when the last enemy was killed with a bleed attack.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to open the codex during the enemy's turn even though the button was disabled.
Pathway 1.0.9 was a patch released on Steam on 01 May 2019.
- Added new improved Damage Information when hovering enemies (see the Pathway Devlog #9)
- Perk Branches in events have been reworked and are now in most situations a success. Some instances of uncertainty remain.
- Rebalanced loot drops in first 2 adventures to be more generous.
- Added a "Confirm End Turn" option that when enabled forces the player to confirm the end turn when there are characters with unspent action points.
- Added more helpful tooltips when an achievement can't be claimed.
- Changed the "Watch Collectors" achievement to only require 3 watches to be collected.
- Changed the "An Ending and a New Beginning III" achievement to only require 100 failures.
- Continuing work on fixing "out of memory" issues some people have encountered.
- Block keyboard scrolling when menu or journal is open during an encounter.
- Fixed some battle arenas where enemies would spawn inside walls
- Fixed some localization issues
- Fixed some events where the wrong gender was used in texts.
- Fixed a bug that allowed people to select multiple choices during level-up. This fix will reset people's skill trees that made use of this.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed people to produce money using the Valuables bag undo function.
- Fixed a bug where in some instances the Valuables bag undo button wouldn't reset properly.
- Fixed some Mineshaft battle arena layouts that made battles unplayable.
- Fixed a bunch of collisions that allowed enemies to walk into walls.
- Fixed some inconsistencies in the attack range display.
- 5+ kills in one shot now also count towards the 4 kills in one achievement.
- Fixed a bug that caused achievements to show up as claimed event though they weren't.
- Fixed an issue that caused lost fuel not to count towards the "Environmental Hazard" achievement.
- Fixed a bug that caused a character to show up at the beginning of Adventure V Sector 2 even though they're already in the player's party.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to trigger a double ambush.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to continue traveling on foot even though they had received fuel through an achievement.
- Added "--aggressive-gc" command line option. Using this option forces a memory garbage-collection after each event. When used, you'll likely experience a short delay each time the event window closes. While this parameter doesn't fix anything per se, it is supposed to help us narrowing down the out-of-memory crashes and performance issues.
- Disabled use of separate render thread on MacOS. May be related to performance issues some user reported on MacOS 10.14 Mojave.
Pathway 1.0.8 was a bugfix patch released on Steam on 16 April 2019.
- Fixed a bug causing events to be broken, or crash, on low-spec systems after our changes in v1.0.7
- Fixed crash during AI turns
- Fixed mouse over menu button not stopping the scene to scroll in combat scenarios
- Modified a few french translations to fit in UI
Pathway 1.0.7 was a bugfix patch released on Steam on 15 April 2019.
- Added a new "undo" button to the Valuables bag. This lets you undo the last item you added to your Valuables bag if for example you trashed one of your beautiful legendaries by accident.
- When comparing a Knife with another Knife it'll now always correctly compare to the equipped Knife instead of the character's main slot (which may not be a knife).
- When the Item compare tooltip is on the left side of the cursor, it now flips the order of windows around to be less confusing.
- Added an additional fallback option for low-spec system that don't support floating point cubemaps. This will reduce the visual fidelity of the lighting system in the game significantly but will allow people with older Radeon cards to still play the game.
- The Nazi fuel supply camp event now properly rewards fuel when successfully sneaking into the camp.
- Updated descriptions for the unlock achievements of Shani/Georgette to be clearer
- Further improvements to loading issues on low-spec systems
- Fixed a bug that caused Repairkit Strength level up choices to not take any effect
- Fixed a rare crash on the Adventure Stats screen
- Fixed a crash when using Burst Fire in certain situations
- Fixed a bunch of crashes that occurred at random during the AI's turn
- Fixed the "Splendid Bowie Knife" border
- Fixed a bug that caused the Bomber Jacket's Daredevil perk to not work correctly
- Fixed a bug that allowed items to be duplicated when dismissing a party member
Pathway 1.0.6 was a bugfix patch released on Steam on 13 April 2019.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to stall when your team died with some rare conditions
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash on bootup on some Windows systems
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to stall on low-spec systems when changing to battle
- Fixed handling of double wielding knives. If two knives are equipped it'll now always use the better of the two for damage calculations and not show excessive UI buttons.
Known Issue: On low-spec machines we're still experiencing rare occasional stalls. This patch should significantly reduce the chance of this happening. If you encounter a stall, please try and reload the game, in most instances this will be enough to fix the problem. We're working on a permanent fix.
Pathway 1.0.5 was a bugfix patch released on Steam on 12 April 2019.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when encountering a specific event in the game
Pathway 1.0.4 released on Steam on 12 April 2019.
- Added an optional "Confirm Move" toggle in the Game options. When activated, you will have to click again to confirm your move before it is executed. This is to prevent accidental moves.
- Added a "Dog friendly" mode. This can be activated in the Game options. At the moment this simply disables the dog hit/die sfx. But we are planning on expanding on this and completely removing the die animations/blood.
- Added additional fallback options for our shadow rendering that should fix issues we've seen on certain hardware configurations causing the game to crash at load and during gameplay.
- Added option to disable Reverb SFX effect. This may help on systems that have experience audio issues.
- Fixed a bug that would let you recruit a character twice in a row
- Fixed a bug with character unlocks. Some people had met the conditions for unlocking a character but still couldn't use them when starting a new adventure. These characters are now properly unlocked and the issue has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that caused crit hits that also killed a target to not count towards achievements, combat stats and adventure stats.
- Improved loading times in some events
Pathway 1.0.3 was a bugfix patch released on Steam and GOG 11 April 2019.
- Prevent trashing the dog's fur and teeth by accident
- Fix a crash that could happen in the AI turn when fighting with characters that had no weapon in their primary slot
- Fix crash when looting certain legendary items and moving them to the valuables bag
- Fix a bug that caused a black screen on Windows 7 and macOS
Pathway 1.0.2 was a bugfix patch released on Steam and GOG 11 April 2019.
- Game now starts in windowed mode to prevent some issues people were having with fullscreen (see above note)
- Adds the option to cycle through your team with the left/right arrow during battle.
- Fix a crash that happened when you entered a battle after running out of fuel and having your team members die.
- Fixed a crush bug when trying to claim an achievement
- Custom key bindings are now properly saved
Pathway released on version 1.0.1 on Steam, Humble, and GOG 11 April 2019.